Animation Reflection

In 5th grade language arts, students are expected to do a lot of literary analysis. I could have them make an animation as an alternative to writing a book report and show me through that animation that they identified the literary elements of the book they read. While I do understand that there can be benefit from having the students just write book reports, I'd rather for them to be able to exercise some additional creativity and make it fun for themselves and their classmates.

In 5th grade social studies, Standard 2 is about understanding chronology and key events that led to the United States governing itself. I could have the students make an animation highlighting the key events to show how they fit together. Making a short video about it would probably be more memorable than just writing down the dates on a piece of paper.

I could make an animation on my class website when the students are preparing for end of the year tests that highlights some of the key ideas that they'll need to remember or goes over some of the elements that are trickier for my students. I think this would be particularly helpful for 5th grade math because, as I've looked over the UEN Core, there is just a lot of information that is covered in 5th grade math and at the end of the year, a quick animated refresher could help them prepare for testing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Initial Blog Post

Final Reflection

Infographic reflection